Thursday, October 28, 2010

This is pretty scary

By Mike Roarty

For Halloween weekend I might as well preview a game that is quite scary to me. The Spartans go into Iowa City on Saturday to take on the Hawkeyes. The fact that the Spartans are playing a relevant game in football (!!!) heading into November makes very little sense to me and much like the Omen, it scares me.

Michigan State has done some trick or treat shit with random special teams plays to get here this far. This team is eerily (scary words) similar to the Iowa team last year that won close games and even went into Spartan Stadium and won in a last second play. Iowa City will be rocking but they did lose to Wisconsin last week so the matchup won’t be quite as big. (I was going to do Oregon-USC but I think the Ducks will roll them, wooo, future Michigan.(Hopefully))

As for the game, expect a regular Big Ten game. In fact, it might be the same exact game Iowa played last week again the Badgers. Each team will pound the rock. Stanzi will make a good throw or two. Ferentz and Dantonio will have a stare off to try and figure out which coach lacks emotion more. (I thought Dantonio had the edge but he at least is grumpy, I think Ferentz is the albino version of emotion.)

If Iowa doesn’t screw up the time management like last week they will get it done and end Spartys unbeaten run and further cloud the Big Ten race. Iowa 28-24.

Enjoy your Halloween. I hope everyone has a sweet costume. I am keeping it simple and going with the Construction worker outfit. Halloween has never been my thing. In fact, I will be cheering hard for Michigan to win so I can watch them once again during the Holidays in December. A Bowl game! Wow!

2 comments:

  1. Michigan State fakes a drop kick, scores the 2-point conversion to win the game. Count it.

    ReplyDelete