Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let's try this again


By Mike Roarty

Alright, so I have blown my picks the past two weeks. I went with Jimmy two weeks ago and my heart last week. (I will refrain from doing Michigan games for a while because I will pick them every time.) Unfortunately, this week we must discuss the dark side of the force in the Ohio State Buckeyes. They head into Madison to take on Wisconsin in what should be a Big Ten slugfest.

The Buckeyes are ranked number one in the polls but there is some question as to the validity of their schedule because they haven’t played a team currently in the top 25. On the flip flop, the Badgers have one loss to Sparty but that was on the road. Each team is very much in the lead for the Big Ten and for OSU a chance at Glendale.

The big x factor in the game that will be mentioned one hundred times on Gameday is that they game is being played at night in Camp Randall. I have been fortunate enough to go to a few games there and I can say it will have an effect on the outcome of the game. How much will depend on how much Tressel opens up the Buckeye offense with Pryor. Two years ago OSU played a very boring game at Wisco but they were able to pull out the game with a late drive. The difference between now and then is there is no Beanie Wells but Pryor is clearly more adept to running the offense.

So what will happen? I will be stunned if Tressel opens it up and lets Pryor open it up early but I know the vested guy will do what it takes to win. The weather should be clear but cool so passing shouldn’t be a problem for either team. Wisconsin will do what it does and run the ball and play action over the top. If Tolzien doesn’t turn the ball over like last year it will be within one score late in the game. The crowd will be rowdy but I foresee a repeat of 2 years ago as the Buckeyes win a close one. 24-20. It burned my fingers to type that.

Michael McDonald- I Keep Forgettin

3 comments:

  1. First, Badgers are going to win after Ron Dayne parachutes in and leads a final 99-yard drive that takes 20 minutes off the clock. Is that possible? We'll find out.

    Second, no song? I have like three simple rules to this blog and that being No. 1!

    ReplyDelete