Friday, October 8, 2010

It's on Baby

By Mike Roarty

So I am currently out of my element down here in Georgia as myself, Joe, Marx and my buddy Big Dave are set to visit Fell tomorrow for the UGA/Tenn game. I would have previewed that game but umm, yea, outside of AJ Green there isn’t too much to talk about.

Instead we turn to Ann Arbor where my beautiful Maize and Blue will face off against Sparty. To some this is good versus evil. Most of those people, as I found out while in college, are Spartans fans. Growing up in Pittsburgh I never really got the Michigan/MSU rivalry. I mean I got it in the fact that both teams are from Michigan but it wasn’t until my frosh year that I grasped what was happening. That game was the Braylon game. Right before half time Drew Stanton was carving us up but Lamar Woodley (Stillers) knocked him out of the game. Some of the Michigan fans around me started to cheer. A MSU fan then started to freak out and randomly picked me to yell at for the classless move. He said I was arrogant and cocky and dumb and ugly. While he was right I didn’t know what to say because I have never had anything against Sparty. I grew up having to dealing with the Pitt/PSU bandwagon fans.

Fast forward to now and I get why that guy was so pissed. After living through 4 years of beating them and Mike Hart calling them our little brother, I get it. That Sparty fan just wanted to heard but most other Michigan fans, most originally from Michigan, just don’t listen to them. But now, after 2 years of MSU winning and Tom Izzo is owning the college basketball world, it is getting to the point where Michigan fans are going to have to hear about MSU as a legit program. That is what this week’s game is all about. MSU is on the verge of joining the big boys or Michigan just little brotherd them for 2 years letting them think they are important until Michigan just comes back to power.

Now I don’t believe much of what I just wrote because I think they can both be good at the same time but that is how it works within the state of Michigan. One is good and one is evil and that is how it has to be. It is pretty dumb but then again so is the Detroit media.

As for the actual game I see it as just about every Michigan game this season. There will be a ton of points scored and the Michigan secondary will get torched. All the analyst say Michigan hasn’t faced a D like MSU but there is the flip side that MSU hasn’t faced an O like Big Blues. Last week I picked Stanford to beat Oregon because I thought they were more physical and would wear down the Ducks. The opposite of that happened. Oregon’s offense just wore down Stanford. After listening to this all week, I am now on board that what the Ducks are doing is the future of Michigan football. As weird as it sounds the mantra will be “try and score with us.” That mentality will become really fun once Michigan’s pass defense isn’t horrible.

Key to tomorrow is if Michigan wins the turnover battle again, they will win. Michigan 41-31.

Enjoy the weekend. I know we will.

Supwitchugirl- BROBOT

2 comments:

  1. Blogging from Georgia. Way to commit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are going to club teams if we ever get an average defense. until that day comes (2013), we'll be subjected to a lot of "last possession wins" games.

    also, i linked your buddy's blog on the sidebar. WOOP

    ReplyDelete