- If I tried prognosticating the first week of the NFL postseason, I would be 0-4. Who knew that Tom Brady and Carson Palmer would choke badly, while guys like Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez would lead their teams to wins? OK, so Flacco only threw 10 passes and didnt' break 40 yards, he still didn't throw three picks and look like a scared rookie. Did you see Brady's first interception on Sunday?
- Thank you Green Bay Packers and Arizona Cardinals for giving us one good game this weekend.
- Pete Carrol is with the Seattle Seahawks now. Smells like he is running from the sanctions that could be coming to USC. I'm also still trying to figure out how the Seahawks didn't violate the Rooney Rule.
- The BCS title was surprisingly entertaining despite Texas quarterback Colt McCoy only playing for five plays. Well the second half was fun, at least.
- Why is it that the best coaches in football are usually jerks. Please look at Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Urban Meyer, etc. No doubt the guys can coach, but there seems to be very little decency in their bodies.
- Speaking of coaches, will the Buffalo Bills have one next year? It seems like nobody wants the job, and you can't really blame them. Who gets excited with Ryan Fitzpatrick or Trent Edwards at quarterback?
- Mark McGuire finally admitted to using steroids. I understand why he didn't say it back when Congress called him in. HE was afraid of facing prosecution for his actions. But he could have come out in the past couple of years without any fear of legal repercussions, but he didn't. I am already sick of media members, coaches and players saying they are glad and saying how big it was of him to admit it. No, it wasn't. I can't help but think that he only did it to try and get the Hall of Fame voters to forgive him and put him in Cooperstown. He could of also done it so that there is no distraction when he comes back to the St. Louis Cardinals as hitting coach, which is nice of him, but I still don't think him brave for stepping up now. How can we commend honesty when it was neglected for decades beforehand?
- Tony LaRussa was quoted as saying hehad no doubts his Oakland Athletics teams had legit/clean workout regiments and that guys like McGuire got huge by working their butts off. Well Tony, turns out they weren't clean and you didn't know crap. Or he just looked the other way like the rest of baseball. Somehow I doubt LaRussa had no idea his players were juicing.
- I hate Hall of Fame voting. Roberto Alomar had 11 consecutive All-Star games, 10 Gold Gloves, batted .300 for his career with more than 2,700 hits 210 home runs and 474 stolen bases. He also won two World Series with a .344 postseason average. He is arguably the best secondbaseman to ever play the game. And he didn't get into the Hall of Fame this year. He will get in next year, despite having identical numbers, and that's where my problem comes in. What changes in a year for these players that don't make it the first chance they get? Don't delay an honor that a player rightfully deserves. Did you know there were actually people out there that didn't vote for Cal Ripken Jr. to get in? Ridiculous.
- Sherlock Holmes was a very good film. Robert Downey Jr. is on a friggin' roll lately. He has owned every role he has portrayed in the past 5-10 years. Please don't judge this movie before you see it. I know there are a lot of you out there crying about the actions scenes. Get over it. There aren't that many and they are cool and entertaining.
- If you haven't watched the television show "Chuck", you're missing out. It's awesome.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have hit a rough patch, but I'm not worried. Evgeni Malkin is too good to keep struggling and Sidney Crosby is taking his play to another level this year. They will make the playoffs and really pick of their play once they get there. Kinda like last year.
- Alexander Ovechkin is still a bitch.
- How can Gilbert Arenas be so stupid. Not only does he bring multiple guns into the locker room, but he then makes gestures with his hands like he is shooting his teammates in a pregame huddle. I'm thinking he remembered how tough it was playing a full season and how much more he enjoyed not having to do anything.
- House is on, I have to go. Now Chuck is on at the same time. What a cruel and unjust world we live in. If they move Castle to 8, I'm going to be so pissed!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Once again, I am falling behind with the blog. To all six of you out there I am sorry. A lot has happened since my last entry, so this will be another long post touching quickly on multiple subjects.