Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I can't stand Facebook invites

Why the heck are people sending me Facebook invites to events there is no way I'm going to? Seriously, I haven't been a student in college since December 2007, stop sending me invites to the Weekend comic at the college bar.

This is irresponsible Facebook spamming. If you're going to send out these mass invites, take the time to look over the friends you are sending it to and don't send it to people in Pittsburgh if they event is in North Carolina. It's not that I don't want to support some of these charitable events. They sound lovely and like good causes, there is just no way I can make it.

I know I can't be alone in getting multiple e-mails every week regarding similar events. Hell, there is probably a Facebook Group about the issue. Hell, there are probably multiple groups of this kind. Of course, I'll never know that because I try to avoid groups. They are just plain stupid.

Maybe my issue is with Facebook as a whole. For years I have been saying I would get rid of it, but it's part of my job now.

Messed up, right?

The Pittsburgh Penguins theme song

No comments:

Post a Comment