Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 12 picks

Wooo! Double-digit wins baby! After a rough patch of 7-6 records, I went 13-3 last week and feel wonderful. Except the Steelers lost to a crummy Kansas City team and have to start Dennis Dixon this week. Whatever, let's do this!

I'm sticking with me guns and reminding all of my loyal readers that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St. Louis Rams and Cleveland Browns will all lose and are not worth my time.

Miami Dolphins 23, Buffalo Bills 10: The Bills lost to the Browns this year. I am never picking them to win another game. I don't care who they are playing.

Carolina Panthers 20, New York Jets 17: The question here is which quarterback will play worse? In one corner we have Jake Delhomme, who has years of experience killing his team with interceptions in key moments. In the other, we have rookie Mark Sanchez, who has been pretty terrible since his 3-0 start. I'm going with the rookie to throw three to four picks and lose this one.

Philadelphia Eagles 23, Washington Redskins 10: The Redskins' offense is terrible and the Eagles are balanced on most days. I'm never picking the Redskins this season unless they play The Browns, Bucs or Bills.

Indianapolis Colts 27, Houston Texans 17: The Texans are destined to finish 8-8.

San Diego Chargers 28, Kansas City Chiefs 20: I'm still very upset about the Steelers losing to the Chiefs last year. I still don't understand how it happened. They won't get lucky two weeks in a row.

San Francisco 49ers 24, Jacksonville Jaguars 17: The Jags are a sneaky 6-4 this year. They have looked terrible at times and very good at others. Which Jags team will we get this week? I have no idea, but the 49ers are due to win one.

Arizona Cardinals 35, Tennessee Titans 17: Vince Young is going to need to pass for the Titans to win this game, something he hasn't had to do yet in his four starts. I'm thinking it doesn't work out and the Cardinals roll. Of course, this pick reverses if Kurt Warner doesn't play.

Minnesota Vikings 30, Chicago Bears 14: Brett Favre vs. cry baby wannabe Brett Favre. I'm going with the real thing.

Pittsburgh Steelers 21, Baltimore Ravens 20: The Dennis Dixon era begins! The man was great in Oregon before he tore his ACL, but hasn't played a regular season snap. I'm terrified of a five-turnover game; however, I expect the defense to come out on fire after playing their worst game of the season last week.

New England Patriots 34, New Orleans Saints 20: The Patriots are playing a lot better than the Saints recently. I just see Tom Brady going nuts and throwing a lot of touchdowns to Randy Moss and Drew Brees won't keep up.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Travelin' Band

2 comments:

  1. What are the odds for a Left 4 Dead 2 review blog post? Or maybe a turkey bowl recap, along with interviews and analysis.

    Most important thing I want written about is the Pirates signing of Wil Ledzema. Wasn't he the guy that ate a batting glove or his hat after getting pulled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did tear his hat up and eat it. That's the kind of man I want on my team.

    ReplyDelete