Saturday, November 14, 2009

Week 10 picks

Just call me 7-6, because once again that was my record in picks last week. I'm not bragging about games I get right until I get 10 wins. You are not going to hear me bragging again this season.

Biggest miss: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Green Bay Packers, making all three of my winless team predictions for this season wrong. I'm embarassed. I really thought the Bucs, St. Louis Rams and Cleveland Browns had a chance to be a part of history. Oh well, there is always next year, and I'm not sure any of these teams have much promise next year. But they did prove me wrong this year, so I will flatter them by actually including some sort of analysis in the picks.

New Orleans Saints 38, St. Louis Rams 3: The Rams suck and the Saints are undefeated. I never said I would give in-depth analysis.

Miami Dolphins 23, Tampa Bay Bucs 13: The Dolphins run the ball very well. They kind of have to because they have no real weapons in the pass game. The Bucs give up the most rushing yards in the league. These trends will continue this week. On a side note, I owe Ronnie Brown and apology. I thought he would be OK this year, and he has been explosive. My bad, Ronnie.

Minnesota Vikings 31, Detroit Lions 10: Lions' QB Matt Stafford threw five picks against a soft Seattle defense. Seriously, there is potential for eight Stafford turnovers this game.

New York Jets 24, Jacksonville Jaguars 20: I hate the Jags this year. First, they let go of my boy, Freddy Taylor. Second, they are unpredictable. When I pick them, they lose. When I pick against them they win. I have no idea what to expect from them. Alan Faneca is a beast though, so I'm going with the Jets.

Tennessee Titans 17, Buffalo Bills 5: The Titans have won two in a row and the Bills' offense is ridiculously bad. One of the Titans' two touchdowns will be defensive.

Pittsburgh Steelers 27, Cincinnatti Bengals 21: Last time these teams played, Troy Polamalu didn't. He's back and playing great, so I think the Steelers hold on to the lead this time around. The Steelers will also hold Cedric Benson in check. I'm saying less than 70 yards and no scores for the Comeback Player of Year candidate.

Denver Broncos 24, Washington Redskins 7: The Redskins offense is in shambles, their coach is a puppet and the Broncos are looking to stop a two-game skid. Also, the Broncos have won a game this season, so there goes any chance for the Skins to come away with a win.

Atlanta Falcons 24, Carolina Panthers 10: I am never picking Jake Delhomme to win a game the rest of the season.

Oakland Raiders 17, Kansas City Chiefs 14: It's games like these I have been messing up. I have picked the Chiefs the past couple weeks and look what they did for me. Nothing.

Arizona Cardinals 34, Seattle Seahawks 17: Kurt Warner was just getting that bad game out of the way early. I think he is back and ready to light up the Seahawks' secondary. The Cardinals also have a tough defense that will be putting a lot of pressure on Matt Hasselbeck and his sore shoulder.

Green Bay Packers 28, Dallas Cowboys 17: The Packers are going to do one of two things this week after last week's stink bomb. Get fired up and whoop some ass. Or they are going to crawl deeper into their holes and give up on the season. I'm going with option A, even though they have a paper mache offensive line.

Philadelphia Eagles 27, San Diego Chargers 24: I'm still not sold on the Chargers. They can't run the ball effectively and their defense is not very strong. I like Donovan McNabb to bounce back from a medicore performance and let it rain on the Chargers' secondary. I smell at least one big touchdown play to DeSean Jackson.

Indianapolis Colts 34, New England Patriots 30: I would reverse this if it was at New England, but it's at Indy. Really, I just flipped a coin.

Baltimore Ravens 50, Cleveland Browns 6: Welcome back, Brady Quinn. He will pass for 105 yards, be sacked a lot and wish Derek Anderson was still the starter.

Queen - We Will Rock You

2 comments:

  1. You obviously, blatantly, maliciously ignored me, so I'm reposting this.

    So I checked your blog today looking for analysis for the two major worldwide sporting events today, and I come away fairly disappointed.

    First, where's the preview for the first leg of Greece hosting Ukraine for a world cup birth? Will Greece be able to contain Andrei Shevchenko (and as a sidebar, do you think he should be brought into the MLS next year as rumored)?

    Second and more importantly, how about Juniata hosting Eastern in the sweet 16? Nobody comes into the Kennedy Sports and Recreation Center expecting to beat us. #1 seed overall and defending champ Emory (who we lost to in the Semis last year) was upset last night. They are in our bracket, so do you think this bodes well for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Mike. I am not very up on my World Cup or women's volleyball knowledge. Go Juniata and Greece. If you would like to post on these subjects, please send me an e-mail and I will be glad to post it as part of this blog.

    ReplyDelete