Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 11 picks

Another week goes by, and once again I barely finish above .500. Last week's picks went 8-7, mostly because my girlfriend had me take the Green Bay Packers and the Indianapolis Colts. I would have gone the other way, but she talked me into those selections and it worked out.

Biggest miss: Carolina Panthers 28, Atlanta Falcons 19. I hate to make excuses, but Michael Turner was running all over the Panthers before his spraining his ankle. He had nine carries for 111 yards. Maybe the Panthers are not as terrible as I thought, but I'm still never putting a cent on Jake Delhomme.

On with the picks!

I forgot about the Thursday night game. I probably would have picked Carolina because of the Ronnie Brown injury. Shame on me for doubting Ricky Williams.

Dallas Cowboys 21, Washington Redskins 10: The Redskins only beat the Denver Broncos last week because Kyle Orton went down with an ankle injury and Chris Simms took over. Tony Romo is going to stay healthy this week and the Redskins will fall.

Detroit Lions 24, Cleveland Browns 15: How is it that every week we have one of these games that no one in their right minds would want to watch for football value. Sure, there could be entertainment value, but you're not going to watch it because you think it will be a well-played football game. You just want to see if Mangini gets stabbed by one of his players. I hope I didn't give them any ideas.

Green Bay Packers 27, San Francisco 49ers 20: I honestly have no idea what the Packers are going to do week in and week out. The 49ers made a joke out of Jay Cutler last week, but I don't think they do it to Aaron Rodgers this week. He's not a whiny, little girl.

Pittsburgh Steelers 35, Kansas City Chiefs 10: After an embarrassing offensive performance against the Cincinnati Bengals last week, the Steelers are going to come out and light up a lousy Chiefs team. Quick, name five starters on the Chiefs offense this week. You couldn't do it, could you?

Minnesota Vikings 24, Seattle Seahawks 13: To be honest, I haven't seen a Seahawks game this season. I have seen the Vikings though, and I don't see them having any problem with the Seahawks.

New York Giants 27, Atlanta Falcons 17: These teams are in a funk right now. The Giants have lost four consecutive games, while the Falcons' are probably going to be without Michael Turner and Matt Ryan has been struggling. The Giants will right the ship this week. After all, they can't lose five in a row, can they?

New Orleans Saints 27, Tampa Bay Bucs 14: The Saints have not been playing very well lately. The perfect example is last week's game, which the St. Louis Rams were close to winning. Fortunately for the Saints, the Bucs are a pretty lousy team and won't be able to take advantage of the Saints' slump.

Jacksonville Jaguars 31, Buffalo Bills 9: I haven't picked a Jacksonville game right this year.

Indianapolis Colts 27, Baltimore Ravens 10: The Ravens struggled to put 16 points up on the Browns. They are quarterbacked by Brady Quinn. The Colts have Peyton Manning. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Arizona Cardinals 45, St. Louis Rams 13: I feel so bad for Steven Jackson. The man is having an incredible season but is stuck on an awful team. Despite going up against a sturdy Cardinals run defense, I think he goes for more than 100 yards. Too bad for him the Cardinals might not punt the ball this game.

San Diego Chargers 24, Denver Broncos 10: It was fun while it lasted for the Broncos. Expect the Chargers to take over the division after this game and not look back. On a side note; I can't stand Phillip Rivers. He seems to talk so much crap, yet he has never been to the Super Bowl, let alone won a championship. He is a very good quarterback, but until he wins, he needs to stop being such a tool.

Cincinnati Bengals 27, Oakland Raiders 6: Bruce Gradkowski will get the start for the Raiders. That's not a good thing. You think the Raiders are wishing they still had Jeff Garcia around? I seem to be asking a lot of questions this entry. My bad.

New England Patriots 42, New York Jets 10: For those of you who think the 4th-and-2 end of the world play last week is going to have a negative effect on the Patriots, you are wrong. Bill Belichick wants revenge for Week 2 and to say eff you to all of those who started questioning him after last week.

Quick rant. Belichick is a great coach and will go into the Hall of Fame. There is no questioning that. But I hear people, I'm talking to you Greg, who say he has revolutionized coaching. How so? Look in a dictionary and revolutionize is to overthrow the established government (the NFL) or to change fundamentally or completely. How has Belichick done this? Bill Walsh revolutionized coaching with the West Coast Offense. Ever since he used it, countless other coaches have adopted the strategy. Belichick makes good coaching decisions, takes risks when necessary, drafts well and gets the most out of his players. He does these things better than any other coach in football today. But none of those things are groundbreaking. Don't tell me having a linebacker line up at tight end and catching 1-yard touchdown passes is revolutionary.

Philadelphia Eagles 24, Chicago Bears 10: Jay Cutler is going to be rushed all day and probably cry several times throughout the game.

Houston Texans 28, Tennessee Titans 17: When did the Texans become so good at stopping the run. I am too lazy to look up the stat right now, but I don't think they've allowed a 100-yard rusher in the past six games. They also have one of the most explosive passing attacks in the league, which is the Titans weakness.

Grand Funk Railroad - Some Kind of Wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment