Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The media should be terrified

By Jeff

I was reading this Post-Gazette article on the Pittsburgh Steelers and their history of being a No. 2 seed today. The story had nothing new or interesting. Steelers fans know that the New England Patriots have owned them in the playoffs and that Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl in 2008 when they were the No. 2 seed.

The article gets very interesting though when reporter Ed Bouchette lists some other Steelers news. Well, the fact the Steelers were silent to the NFL Films crew isn't that interesting. But what James Harrison had to say to media members who sided against him in regards to his fines was awesome.
I like Rick Reilly, but this could be
him if Harrison gets in a foul mood.

Harrison was quoted saying "Some of you all tried to hang me out to dry, too, when this stuff was going on. I know who you are. Don't think I forget."

With most players, you assume this just means Harrison won't speak to specific media members. But with Harrison, you can't help but thinking he will show up at these media members' houses and a list of things they said or wrote about Harrison.

If I'm Rick Reilly, Gregg Easterbrook or any other media guy who has made public comments calling Harrison dirty or a head hunter, I'm changing my name and moving in with a distant relative for a few weeks. Why take the risk that Harrison is sane?

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Breakdown

No comments:

Post a Comment