Monday, February 7, 2011

What role does postseason have on Hall of Fame voting?

By Jeff

Regular readers of the blog know that I'm not a big fan of baseball Hall of Fame voters as a whole. I don't understand how they don't vote for deserving players in their first or second (or ninth) years of eligibility, but eventually cave and vote for the same players despite no new statistics to consider.

I also wish I knew how big of a role postseason statistics and results factor in. Well, I'm not alone. Joe Posnanski at SI.com had a great article regarding this topic. He used Andy Pettitte as his main example and does a great job of showing how people tend to get stuck on name recognition when considering players for the Hall of Fame.

The article is here.

MacDonald's - The McCafe song 

No comments:

Post a Comment