Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More things I was wrong about

By Jeff

About a year ago I apologized for some of the predictions I made that looked like they were going the other way. Well, in hindsight, some of my predictions were spot on. Like Jay Cutler sucking his first year in Chicago and the New York Giants not making the playoffs. But there were plenty of things I was wrong about.

Well, I haven't called myself out in a while, hence this post.

This first apology goes to the Montreal Canadiens and Jaroslav Halak. Not only did I post an entry here that the Pens would solve him and beat the Habs in five, I called 93.7 the Fan the week of Game 1 and told Seibel and Starkey the Pens would light Halak up. Game 1 had me looking smart. The rest of the series had me looking foolish

In a more recent entry I told Steelers fans that Dennis Dixon, not Charlie Batch, was the best option for the Steelers in the first four games of the season. Well, Dixon played a game and a half with zero touchdowns, while Batch played a game and a half and has three touchdowns. Dixon's competition was tougher, but I'm still sorry for doubting Batch. He's 4-1 when starting for the Steelers. I should have known better.

I'm also sorry to Pirates fans. I understand the Pirates suck, I really don't think they're good. There are instances when I see signs of promise, though. One of those instances was when I said it was a good time to be a Pirates fan. At the time, the Buccos were playing good baseball. They then proceeded to lose 15 of their next 20 and went 8-21 in August.

Then there was the time I claimed "Predators" was the greatest movie of all time. I'm actually sticking to that one.

Then there are my weekly picks. They are more misses than hits. If you are a gambler, and you follow my advice, you need to stop gambling. Right now.

I also broke a huge rule in blogging. Well, maybe. I'm not sure if there are actual rules. It could be one of those unwritten rules we keep hearing about in baseball this year. Anyway, I started a weekly fantasy football post last year that lasted maybe a week. If you say you're going to do something, you friggin' do it. Readers are probably happy I stopped, though. If you've seen my results the past two years in fantasy sports, you'd see I'm losing my touch.

I'm sure there were more examples of me making asinine statements in this space over the past year, but my lunch break is over. Please feel free to find my mess ups and point them out.

Peter Gabriel - Biko

No comments:

Post a Comment