Monday, July 27, 2009

Thoughts on traffic

Let me first make this disclaimer. I understand that traffic jams are caused by accidents, weather and general congestion.

Now let me tell all of you the thought that immediately comes to me when not moving on a highway with a 55 miles per hour speed limit.

It is all the fault of one or two people that, for some reason or another, are going very slowly. Never mind the open road in front of their cars, they feel going 30 is the right way to go about it.

That is right. I picture a posse of senior citizens or idiots on cell phones that are backing up traffic. And when I get moving again and do not see an accident, I just know one of these posses is to blame.

Am I the only one that wants to be at the front of a traffic jam where an accident is not involved? I just wish I was right behind the culprits to prove my theory right. Or maybe right in front of them and I can see them pulling off their diabolical scheme in my rear view mirror.

With the ability to take video with cell phones, and just about everything else, I am shocked there are not countless videos proving my theory.

Well, back to obsessively checking YouTube for my proof.

Miss Sweeney - Weezer

3 comments:

  1. I like it Rickel. It's about time a theory comes out on this life long wonder. I am going to Baltimore tonight to see Camden Yards, so I will keep an eye out for anybody backing up traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unrelated to this post, can I say that I enjoyed Greg's comment about going to see Camden Yards because you certainly would not be going to see the Orioles (with all apologies to Scott Taylor).

    Camden Yards still one of the best ballparks out there. Too bad the team is in an a decade long funk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I sure wasn't there to see Jason Berken and his 1-8 record, although he pitched a pretty decent game.

    I've knocked out everything in the northeast besides the two new ones in New York. PNC Park will always be my home, but Camden Yards is a great place to watch a game and it paved the way for all these amazing new ballparks.

    ReplyDelete