Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Celebrating 4 years with Yigo

By Jeff

On this day 4 years ago, I brought home the dog that became the mascot of this blog.

That's right, Yigo and I have now been together for 4 years. Where the hell does the time go? It feels like just yesterday I was spending a Friday night pulling what felt like dozens of ticks off the coolest and most gentle dog I've ever met. Jeff and Yigo 24, ticks 0. Suck on that, Guamanian ticks.

Since that night, we've pretty much been inseparable. On Guam, he went on hikes, to the beach and even into work with me on some occasions.

There is not enough space here to tell all the fun stories he's given me in the 4 years. In those 4 years, Yigo has made quite impression on just about everyone he's met. From friends, family, groomers and strangers, everyone loves the little guy.

And what's not to love? He will cuddle with anyone after 5 minutes with them, he hardly barks and he has the definition of the sad puppy dog face. Seriously, could you say no to this face?






It will be hard to outdo the past 4 years, but now that Yigo has a crazy sister in Lucy (Seriously, she is crazy!), chances are good the next 4 years are going to be a blast. Or Lucy will eat me out of house and home and Yigo will be traumatized by having a 50-pound ball of furry energy trying to play with him 24/7. Either way, it's going to be fun!


1 comment:

  1. How about the potential that he could cause my throat to swell up and close off? And I absolutely refuse to believe it's been 4 years. 1 year, 6 months tops.

    Why aren't you writing a post about possibly the upcoming, most epic wild card fantasy playoff game in the past 10 years? Maybe ever?

    ReplyDelete