Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stop jinxing the Pens!

By Jeff

Watching the Pittsburgh Penguins the past two months has been amazing for any Pens fans.

Everyone on the team seems to be stepping up their game, well Tyler Kennedy tends to miss the net more often than not, or hit the goalie in the chest from point blank. But he just had two goals in the last game, so things could be turning around.

Sidney Crosby is back and playing great hockey, although I don't know if I've seen him win a faceoff since his return.

Marc-Andre Fleury has been at another level that I've never seen him at since Game 6 and 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

James Neal is a bigger, stronger, younger, better version of Petr Sykora from 2008. He and Evgeni Malkin have unbelievable chemistry.

Speaking of Malkin, he leads the league in scoring and is the favorite for the league's MVP.

So please, national media, stop jinxing this team. Yes, the Pens are playing better than any other team in the NHL and are atop most people's power rankings. But that doesn't mean I want to hear or read it somewhere every day! Just let me watch and enjoy this team in peace and enjoyment.

True Pens fans can continue to talk Cup or bust. You're fans and have thought that way since Crosby came into the league. At least I have. But hearing the national media gush about the team just makes me worry that we're destined for a letdown in the playoffs. I don't think it will happen, the team is that good and can probably overcome the worst of jinxes, but after two early playoff exits, I don't want to chance it. So the national media needs to focus more on this Russian coming to play for the Predators and leave the Pens alone!

The Who - Can't Explain

No comments:

Post a Comment